This is a delicious recipe for oatmeal, with a very fall feel to it.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- just under 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, unsalted
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a small pot, bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat. Add oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Once liquid is absorbed, stir in pumpkin, almonds, and brown sugar.
- top with maple syrup and more almonds, if desired.