The hardest part was finding the freaking walnuts in my cupboard! GAAAAHHH! I searched for like 20 minutes, most frustrating thing EVER!!!
After that, this was a breeeze.
Doesnt it look delicious? It was! everyone in my house is raving :)
from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook Celebrating The Promise
(thats a mouthful!)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (1 5 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups tiny marshmellows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8x8x2-inch (i used 9x9x2, who has an 8 inch pan anyways!?) baking pan with foil. Butter the foil and set aside.
- butter the sides of a 2-quart heavy saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook until mixture boils (they said about 10 minutes, mine took like 5, max) on medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking , stirring constantly, for 6 minutes.
- remove from heat and add marshmellows, chocolate chips, walnuts, and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate and marshmellows have combined with the hot mixture, and then beat by hand for one minute.
- spread fudge into your handy tinfoil pan,score while still warm, and cover and chill for 2 or 3 hours until firm, voila! you have fudge that will last up to a month in the freezer! store tightly covered folks :)